El Colorado Ski Resort:
This ski center, located 36 kilometers from Santiago, was created by the vision of the Pioneers, a group that sought to establish a ski center in the central zone, with a location near Santiago.
Thus, in 1935 the first snow shelter in was built in Farellones and in 1948 the first surface lift, La Gran Bajada (the Great Descent). In 1941, Farellones began to work as a mountain village, providing all necessary services to its visitors. In 1953, a double chair ski lift was inaugurated, enabling the West ski zone.
The minimum height that the ski center possesses is 2,560 meters above sea level, on the track Los Zorros, and reaches an altitude of over 3,300 meters above sea level. It has a vertical drop of 1,090 meters.
It currently has 112 tracks and a ski area of 1,100 acres, which is considered one of the best ski centers in South America.
El Colorado Ski Center (2,430 - 3,333 mts above sea level / 7,970 - 10,930 ft above sea level) is formed of two interconnected villages, each one with hotels and refuges. Next to La Parva and Valle Nevado, the major and best Ski surface in South America.
A Ski center for the Family and Youth
El Colorado ski center, due to its location close to the city of Santiago (Capital of Chile), services offered, convenience and ski slopes has been transformed in the ideal center to the practice of white sport for families and young people during each winter season.
It has cozy hotels and apartments for rental. The gastronomical supply is varied; supermarket, grill, pub, discoteque. Full ski equipment is rented, collective and particular ski classes, and for children also.
Ski Slopes Infrastructure
The skiable terrain is 40 kms, with 70 ski slopes: for beginners, advanced and for experts. The longest slope has 4,3 kilometers and all of them are maintained with mechanics machines. The ski center counts with 18 ski lifts: two doubles chair, three triples chair, 12 dragging lifts and two for children that cover a distance of 15.650 meters.
Located over El Colorado hill, with a maximum height of 3.333 meters. It receives short but abundant snow with an average of 5 meters of snow in a normal year.
From Santiago, only 39 kilometers, is El Colorado ski center, located in the Andes Mountain Range, it gets in 1 hour approximately by pavement route.
El Parador: a full Services Center
In El Colorado, all the services that complement a spectacular ski day are centralized in a comfortable and modern building.
- Ski equipment:
- Modern skies, boots and poles for adults and children.
- Ski Shop:
- It offers ski equipment and essential accessories for a great stay.
- Ski Lockers services:
- Practices lockers let you hold your ownerships.
- KL Pub and International Restaurant:
- In a nice environment, you will be able to delight yourself with Swiss- alpine food and share in company your favorite drink.
- Fast Food restaurant:
- With a panoramic view to the slopes, this coffee shop and its sun terrace let you to enjoy a great variety of meals.
- International ski school:
- Qualified instructors from diverse countries, offer you a great variety of ski lessons, collectives and private ones.
- Childrens mini school:
- Package with private lift, it was thought in children from 4 to 10 years old, they learn to ski in a safe and funny way while their parents enjoy them ski day.
- Restaurant in the Heights:
- Social reunion point located at 3.000 meters, "El Mirador" offers fast food meals in its extensive terraces inside the mountain.
- Mountain Ski or Randonee:
- Slide horizontal and / or vertical in big extensions and without mechanics remounting.
- Take inside or outside photographs in authorized places.
- Trekking in the Snow:
- Take a walk on the show with racquets fixed to the boots for walking without sinking. It can be practiced in any surface with snow.
- Activity destined to the ascent of mountains, that can include or not, sectors of rock and snow, but without technical escalade steps and up to the top limit of 5,000 mts (16,400 ft) asl.