El Fraile Ski Center
Located 29 kms (18 mi) from Coyhaique city, with an altitude of 1,600 mts (5,250 ft) above sea level. It represents a meeting point for the lovers of the white sport. It has 5 sport fields with exceptional characteristics, covered with dust snow and located inside the majestic forest of Lenga and Ñirre, with a ski surface which reaches 550 hectares (1,360 acre), which let practice ski and snowboard to more than 1,000 people simultaneously in its different slopes.
Services infrastructure: In winter it offers services such as ski school, equipment rental, patrols, and coffee shop.
Slopes infrastructure: Two ski lifts for the 5 slopes with dust show. The slopes are situated in the middle of the forests of Lenga and Ñire.
- Mountain Ski or Randonee:
- Slide horizontal and / or vertical in big extensions and without mechanics remounting.
- Take inside or outside photographs in authorized places.
- Trekking in the Snow:
- Take a walk on the show with racquets fixed to the boots for walking without sinking. It can be practiced in any surface with snow.
- Activity destined to the ascent of mountains, that can include or not, sectors of rock and snow, but without technical escalade steps and up to the top limit of 5,000 mts (16,400 ft) asl.
- Flora and Fauna Observation
How to get There?
Located at 29 kms (18 mi) from Coyhaique, 12 kms (7.5 mi) with asphalt and 17 kms (11.5 mi) Debris and land, rising El Fraile hill. By air from Santiago to Coyhaique.